How Lead generation solution providers use LinkedIn for lead generation
LinkedIn is popular professional networking website that has attracted millions of professionals from varied career backgrounds to connect virtually, share experiences and knowledge. So, can these professionals act as leads? Yes, of course and it’s time to go the social media way to churn out leads for your business sales.
Here’s an outline on how b2b data solution and lead generation solution providers use LinkedIn to generate leads:
- Make your LinkedIn profile and let it do the talking: On this huge virtual but professional network, one thing you must remember is that your profile has to catch the eye of the prospect; it should clearly describe ‘what you do’. Prepare a brief description of about your profession and the services/ product that you offer.
- Expand your network: The formula here is who so ever you talk business in real life, is a potential LinkedIn connection and vice versa. The more you ‘connect’ with people on LinkedIn, the more you grow your circle, which further broadens your visibility to other potential connection through your current connections. Based on your personal details, like location, education institute, same profession LinkedIn shows you the profiles of relevant people under the “People You May Know” list. Another method of adding up connections is to ask your known to introduce you to his connection (s). Look at those people, whom he has recommended, since they are the ones he shares a strong bond. Your known won’t be comfortable introducing you to people he just connected virtually and does not know in person. Remember, more connections more leads!
- You cannot skip levels: LinkedIn does not allow you to invite people whom you do not know via any of the modes that LinkedIn has listed down. So only connect with people you actually know, for unknown ones, you must look out for a shared connection and ask for introduction from the common connect.
- Explore interests of your current connection: Spend some time going through the updates about your connections, see which pages or groups they join. This will take you a step closer to your leads and help filter out irrelevant ones. Also look for relevant groups, which may have people with similar interests like your business or product. Join those groups and expand your network by actively contributing to the group.
- An update per day: Make sure you daily go online and share an article or an update. Every time you post an update, you get displayed on the feed of all your connections. But updates are not for selling, just share update and information related to your business, customers etc.
- Recommendations: It is difficult to chase a customer to write a recommendation for you on LinkedIn but instead of waiting or following up with him, start writing recommendations for your customers and main contacts. This will serve you a major highlight on your customer’s profile and they may find ways to return the favor in the form of a recommendation, a referral or more business. In anyway, you are in win-win situation.
This is not the only b2c Data Provision and lead generation platform so do not spend whole day on LinkedIn. Just stay consistent to login once daily, update, explore and then leave, you will fetch many more leads and referrals.
About the Author
Being an Content Writer James Write About b2b data supply and lead generation has now become a science for marketers. Experts in B2B Sales and Marketing Solutions.